Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BOC Week 8: Five Plus Five Soft Skills

What are your soft skills and how can you review them through your resume?

  • One soft skill that I possess and was mentioned on my resume was organization. I reviewed this in my resume under Objective. I portray this characteristic in the occupational setting when I create a timeline and a prep-list for an event we are cooking for at work.
  •  Although it was not mentioned on my Dropbox resume, another soft skill that I possess is punctuality. I portray this characteristic in daily and work settings when I arrive to my destinations, such as school and work, early or on time. I also make sure that a task for an event is completed by or before its deadline.
  • An additional soft skill that I possess that did happen to be mentioned on my dropbox resume was communication. Although I did not state it directly, one can see that I communicate well because I stated that I work well in a team on the objective section of my resume. One can see that I portray this characteristic at my work setting when I work on a team in order to succesfully complete all tasks for a catering event. 
  • Even though it did not happen to be mentioned in the resume I submitted in the drop box, another soft skill that I possess that is critical to a work environment is adaptability. This skill is shown in the work setting when last minute details for an event are changed by the customer and our catering team has to adapt to those changes, such as changing a menu item very last minute. 
  • Having a friendly personality is an additional soft skill that I possess. I implied this characteristic on my resume when I mentioned positive attitude in the Objectives section. I display a friendly personality at work when I come in with a smile and a positive attitude towards my coworkers and our clients. I do my best to ensure that our customer receives the best experience possible by answering all their questions and assisting them in preparations for and during the parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment