Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

                  As a future culinary professional in the City of Las Vegas, I find myself abound with amazing culinary opportunities. Through an internship opportunity provided by my educational institution, I was able to obtain a job as a Culinary Assistant for a Private Chef and Catering Company. Through this occupation, I have had multiple opportunities to expand my culinary knowledge. One of my primary tasks as a Culinary assistant through Delightful Chefs LLC is meal prep. Through this task, I have had the opportunity to explore multiple avenues in the culinary world. Items such as expansion of ingredient knowledge, artistic plating, time management, and nutrition data awareness have been bettered through this task. At this occupation, I have also been able to assist at private parties and set up at corporate lunches, both opportunities of which have helped me with my communication and networking skills. Aside from attending school and working, I find myself exposed to the wonderful world of culinary through eating out and cooking for fun at home. Every time I eat out or cook at home, I find myself critiquing and asking myself "what could be added to the dish". An awareness that I have come to love, because it means that I am retaining the information I am absorbing through my culinary opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment